Shopify Admin API
The Admin API is the primary way that apps and services interact with Shopify. It provides extensive access to data about individual Shopify stores, and allows you to add your own features to the Shopify user experience. You’ll sometimes hear developers talk about Shopify’s “Orders API” or “Billing API”, but in most cases these are resources of the Admin API.
- Read and write Shopify store information, including about products, inventory, orders, shipping, and more.
- Extend existing Shopify functionality with apps.
- Connect store inventory to other marketplaces with channels.
- Add new features to the Shopify admin or POS with app extensions.
- The Admin API is available through GraphQL and REST.
- This is a versioned API. Updates are released quarterly.
- Apps must explicitly request the relevant access scopes from merchants during installation.
- Apps must authenticate to interact with the Admin API.
- The Admin API enforces rate limits on all requests. Note that there are different rate limiting methods for GraphQL and REST.
- All apps and services connecting to the Admin API are subject to Shopify’s API Terms of Service.
- Build a Shopify app using Node.js and React
- Make your first GraphQL request with the Admin API
- Add a new app extension to an app
- Manage product inventory with the Admin API
- Edit an existing order with Admin API
- Perform bulk operations with the GraphQL Admin API
- More tutorials...